Friday, December 20, 2013

Surgery Updates!

9:00am
Hey everyone! It’s the wife!  I will updating this blog throughout the day with info on the surgery and the updates from the doctors.  I wasn’t expecting to be so emotional when he was taken into surgery but it just breaks my heart to see him scared and nervous about the procedure.  I absolutely know we made the right decision and the Lord has blessed us and is comforting us tremendously, but I wish so bad he didn’t have to go through this.  I wish I could take his fear and pain away.  I just love him with every ounce of my body, and I know that he has so many people praying, supporting, and loving him through this.  I know he is going to need a lot of support and motivation getting through this, so please continue to reach out, motivate, and show him some tough love when he needs it.  I cannot thank all of you or repay the favors and blessings that you all are giving us, but know that we are truly truly grateful for every gesture, prayer, and kind act.  We could not make it through this without you!



10:11am
Doctor called- Everything is going well. They have started by-pass and they are preparing to put the LVAD in his chest. Jarvis is doing well!

11:43am
Doctor called- The pump has been placed and it is working! They are getting ready to close his chest. There has been little bleeding (relatively speaking of course). Bleeding was one of their biggest concerns with operating on a heart that is pumping blood, go figure. Jarvis is still doing really well, like the champ we all know and love! Only a few more hours!

1:15pm
Doctor text- Jarvis' chest is closed. He continues to do well. Minimal bleeding. We should be leaving the OR in about 30 minutes. Then he will be in recovery for a few hours.

6:45pm
Jarvis is semi-awake and doing well! Already crackin jokes. We know he has a lot to say because his lips keep moving even though u can't understand everything being said :-) Visitors are welcome to come by.

3 comments:

  1. Love u cuZ! I'm still prayin for u everyday. Keep ur head up and stay strong and kno u got da world on ya side!

    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful that Jarvis is progressing so well. The doctor just came in and said his numbers are almost up where he might be able to be released in the next couple of days.
    Let's continue to pray for him and for Lisa! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete