New Heart!!!!
Jarvis and I go the call around 7:30am this morning telling us they had a potential donor heart!! The battery in the pager was dead and Jarvis' phone was on silent (that stinker). After 2 missed calls to my phone and 2 voicemails, I thought I should check them just in case. Good thing I did!!! They had just sent a nurse from the hospital to come to our house and bang on our door when we returned the call!! We jumped out of bed, threw some things together, grabbed baby and headed out the door. When we arrived they took him straight in and started the prepping- shaving everywhere, scrubbing, plasma infusions, blood work, and gave him a trim of the beard. I'm anticipating a shaving ceremony for the rest of the beard! They finally rolled him out around 1:15pm to head to the Operating Room!
No comments:
Post a Comment